CS 130A: Introduction to Computer Science (Fall 2019)
LMU/UCSB Junior Nanotech Network PhD Student Exchange and Symposium (Spring 2019)
Co-designer and Instructor for LMU/UCSB Junior Nanotech Network PhD Student Exchange and Symposium. I collaborated with Mert Kosan and Rachel Redberg for teaching Machine Learning Workshop of the program. Following are the slides and iPython notebooks for the workshop.
CS 8: Introduction to Computer Science (Winter 2019)
Teaching assistant with Dr. Ziad Matni as the instructor of record. Following are the materials for lab sessions I led each week.
- Lab 00: Getting Started
- Lab 01: FtoC and CtoF with test cases
- Lab 02: Writing functions and tests
- Lab 03: Turtle Graphics: Basic shapes
- Lab 04: Conditionals, nested control structures, and loops
- Lab 05: More Loops – Accumulator Pattern, Updating Lists, and Filtering Lists
- Lab 06: String formatting, random, and file IO
- Lab 07: Scrabble word finder: Python lists, dictionaries and file I/O
- Project 01 : Turtle Graphics: Scene from a forest
I also organized a basic Linux workshop for all the students in this class. Here is the handout.
CS 174A/174N: Fundamentals of Database Systems (Fall 2018)
Teaching assistant with Prof. Jianwen Su as the instructor of record. Following are the slides for discussion sessions I led each week.
- Session 1: Introduction
- Session 2: Entity-Relationship Model
- Session 3: Entity-Relationship Model (cont.)
- Session 4: ER Diagrams and Relational Tables
- Session 5: Relational Algebra
- Session 6: Relational Calculus
- Session 7: SQL
- Session 8: SQL (cont.)
- Session 9: Functional Dependencies and Candidate Keys
- Session 10: Normal Form and Decomposition